Matplotlib is a Python 2D plotting library which produces publication quality figures in a variety of hardcopy formats and interactive environments across platforms. Matplotlib can be used in Python scripts, the Python and IPython shell, the Jupyter notebook, web application servers, and four graphical user interface toolkits.
Types of plotting interfaces
- State-based (aka MATLAB-based): axes 대신 figure 초점
- Object oriented based: axes 위주
- Animations with Matplotlib 2019-04-14: 앞으로 Data visualization은 animation으로!
- Matplotlib Tutorial – A Complete Guide to Python Plot w/ Examples
- Introduction to Matplotlib — Data Visualization in Python
- Effectively Using Matplotlib 2017-04-25
- Matplotlib tutorial: Plotting tweets mentioning Trump, Clinton & Sanders 2016-05-12